Protect Your Home with Better CoverageYour home is more than just a dwelling, and we'll help you find the best insurance policy for your needs. Coverage options include:
- Personal Liability if someone is accidentally injured or has property damaged while on your premises
- Additional Living Expense if you need to live elsewhere due to a covered loss
- Personal Property if your furniture, clothing, or appliances are damaged as a result of a covered loss
- For more detail about what homeowners insurance covers, call our friendly staff.
Benefits of a Home Insurance Policy with Capital Insurance Group
Finding the right home insurance coverage is important, but the benefits included in your policy can also help you have a hassle-free insurance experience.
Discounts on Your Home Insurance Policy
From your employer, alumni group, or professional association to the protective devices in your home, we can help you find the discounts that you qualify for to save you money on your homeowners insurance. Capital Insurance Group offers a variety of discounts, including:
- Multi-Policy Discount
- Exclusive Group Savings
- Newly Purchased Home
- New/Renovated Home Discount
What is Umbrella insurance?
Umbrella insurance provides an additional layer of personal liability protection. A single policy covers all underlying policies you own (auto, home, motorcycle, boat, etc.) and kicks in if the liability limits on these policies are exhausted. And compared to the risk of a catastrophic event, CAPITAL Umbrella Insurance is affordable and you can have the peace of mind that comes with $1 million in coverage. An auto policy with CAPITAL Insurance with a minimum liability limit is required to purchase a personal umbrella policy.
Umbrella Insurance - A personal umbrella policy provides extra liability insurance for auto and home owners. Is the liability insurance you have with your auto or home policy enough to cover all your assets? A severe car accident or mishap on your property could trigger a costly legal claim in excess of the liability insurance coverage you have on your auto or home.
Who should consider Umbrella insurance?
Anyone who owns assets that exceed the liability coverage included in vehicle or property insurance should consider a personal umbrella policy. These assets can include home equity, college and retirement savings, a second home, stocks and bonds. Personal umbrella protection adds and extends liability coverages and pays for damages and expenses for which you, or covered family members, may be liable due to auto accidents, home accidents or recreational vehicle accidents.
With personal umbrella insurance, you receive:
- $1 million in coverage, with higher limits available
- Additional liability coverage over the limits of your auto, home or recreational vehicle policy
- Protection from liability claims not normally covered under your home policy, such as libel or slander
- Payment of defense costs, attorney fees and other expenses associated with a lawsuit, even if the lawsuit is frivolous or groundless
- Coverage for you and residents of your household insured under the policy